From:
"Wilson, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 15:43:07 -0500
Apologies for cross-postings

I'd like to submit a panel for consideration for the 2001 AAM Conference in
St. Louis.  Anybody interested in collaborating?
My dissertation topic  is a look at how to measure success in attaining a
sense of community with non-museum-goers.

 I'm looking at a three-phase program presented collaboratively by groups of
Chicago museums and measuring the psychological involvement and
psychological sense of community in the child and adult participants (I'm
thinking of using selected dimensions of Laurent & Kapferer's Involvement
Profile scale, Chertok's Psychological Sense of Community scale and possibly
Zaichowsky's Personal Involvement Inventory scale).

Possible partners in this panel would be
*       Programs designed to diversify or develop audiences (successful or
not)
*       Reviews of efforts to attract and/or hold new museum audiences
*       Use of validated psychological scales in measuring impact on
visitors or program participants

Interested?  Have suggestions on other connections, or other contacts?  Give
me a call or an e-mail.  The deadline is fast approaching!

Thanks

Linda Wilson

     Linda Wilson                    Visitor Studies and Evaluation
     Shedd Aquarium                  1200 S. Lake Shore Drive
     Chicago, IL 60605
     PH (312) 692 3261  FAX (312) 939 8677     [log in to unmask]

This is a personal message.  The views expressed in this message are solely
those of the sender and are not to be attributed to the owner of the
sender's domain, the sender's employer or any other person.  Any
reproduction or distribution of this message without this disclaimer is
prohibited.