From:
Dave Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 1995 19:35:46 -0700
I have to agree with Helen Glazer on providing interpretation.  Often I
don't think visitors understand some of the issues or ideas behind
contemporary art; or why what is assembled is important.  I think, from
listening to some of the congressional debate, that many congresspersons
are ignorant of those issues or ideas.  I have always assumed that there
was a degree of sophistication in all people in congress, but that has
been dashed again and again.  While we can't know everything about
everything, we can at least know what to tell others about what we know.

Dave Wells