From:
Margaret Bullock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 18:02:34 -0600
Our director is considering the idea of forming collector's groups for
acquisitions. We are trying to gather information on other institutions that
have these kinds of groups, how they are organized, what their role is in
choosing the final acquisitions, etc. We would also be interested in hearing
about variations on this theme.

For those who might have such a thing under another name, the general idea
is a group of donors who each donate a set amount of money for new
acquisitions. They then help choose a new acquisition for the museum, either
by taking buying trips as a group, having the art brought to the museum etc.

Thanks for your help.

Margaret Bullock
Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts