From:
Robin Panza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 1996 11:34:47 -5
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Edward Jay Pershey <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Mannekins answering questions...sounds absolutely awful. If you want to
>
> Ed Pershey

I don't know.  Sounds like high art, to me.  The current Carnegie International
Art Exhibition (Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh  PA) has something just
like this.  It is a suit of clothes standing upright, with a flattish white
thing (looks rather like a sofa pillow) where the face should be.  Projected
onto the pillow is a human face, talking.  I haven't stopped to listen to what
it says, but it sure sounds a lot like the mannekins answering canned
questions.  The CI is supposed to be a prestigious show (as a biologist, I
can't claim to know), so I guess talking mannekins must be "in".

Robin Panza
Section of Birds
Carnegie Museum of Natural History