From:
Julie Holcomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:31:50 -0400
I am seeking reviewers for the following publications for the August
2005 issue of the Journal of the Association for History and Computing.
I will need the reviews e-mailed to me no later than July 29, 2005.  If
interested, please contact me with your preferred title.  Thanks, Julie

Information Politics on the Web by Richard Rogers

Writing the World: On Globalization edited by David Rothenberg.

Digital Phoenix: Why the Information Economy Collapsed and How It Will
Rise Again by Bruce Abramson

The Global Internet Economy edited by Bruce Kogut

 From Newspeak to Cyberspeak: A History of Soviet Cybernetics by Slava
Gerovitch

The One Best Way: Frederick Winslow Taylor and the Enigma of Efficiency
by Robert Kanigel

Our Modern Times by Daniel Cohen

CODE: Collaborative Digital Ownership and the Digital Economy edited by
Rishab Aiyer Ghosh

--
Julie Holcomb, MLIS, CA
Director of the Pearce Collections Museum/

Phone: (903) 875-7438 ~ Fax: (903) 875-7593
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Internet: http://www.pearcecollections.us

"Men make their own history, but they do not make it just as they please; they do not make it under circumstances chosen by themselves, but under circumstances directly found, given, and transmitted from the past.  The tradition of all the dead generations weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living."
Karl Marx, The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Bonaparte

"History does not refer merely, or even principally, to the past.  On the contrary, the great force of history comes from the fact that we carry it within us, are unconsciously controlled by it in many ways, and history is literally present in all that we do."
James Baldwin