From:
George Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 10:48:48 -0500
Fair use DOES NOT extend to making multiple copies of copyrighted materials
in order to avoid purching additional copies.

Teachers and schools have felt so deprived that they think they have special
privileges in copying others works.  They have dont it forever; have you
watched them in front of the xerox machine???  And it doesn't make any
difference if they consider themselves good people with good motives; doing
it FOR THE CHILDREN.  In my opinion, it is still a violation of the
copyright law.

I don't understand the IMPORTANCE issue.  Does IMPORTANCE justify what I
consider to be stealing the intellectual property of another???