From:
Betsy Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:13:41 -0700
Mandy:

You may want to contact someone at Wind River Indian reservation to help you
create the flyer.  Even though the categories of contest dances are similar
(traditional, grass, etc.) each area of the country has a variation of
types of Pow Wows, dances, and ways of interpretation.  You would probably
want to include a larger section on dances in your area, the regalia they
wear, and the significance of the Pow Wow dances to modern culture.

Creating a generic flyer that does not represent the area might start some
bad publicity or public relations with the Nations in your area.  Also,
there is a ton of educational materials on Pow Wow's that were nievely
written.  A knowledgeable consultant really helps.

Betsy

--
Betsy Price
SciEd Consultants