From:
Scott Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 22:02:21 -0400
We are working on this right now.  We have a video playing in our
theater that uses Elgar's Enigma Variations as its background.
This is ideal for us in adding an aural element to various exhibits
since it has so many variations of theme, some contemplative, some
upbeat.  Our intent is to have sound blend from one part of the
museum to the next so that visitors do not realize they are moving
into a different sound.  It will be a little tricky, but our
consultant tells me that it can be done.  The idea to use the
variations is a bit different from the approach that had been
previously discussed by our people, most of whom wanted to have Big
Band music playing and to have the same sound throughout--we're a
WWII museum and while the music of that era is appropriate to many
of our displays, and may even find a place in the sound scheme, it
would not have been appropriate in our commemorative area.
Scott F. Gray
Executive Director
390th Memorial Museum Foundation
6000 E. Valencia Road
Tucson, AZ 85706
520/574-0287
Fax 520/574-3030
email [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
Web site http://www.airfax.com/390th