From:
Shawn Weisser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 15:21:59 -0400
Julie,

I use MS Access here at the library to create flat databases for our collections. For that purpose, I really like it. Recently, in a collections management class, we used both Access and Filemaker Pro 5.0, both had drawbacks in creating passwords, but the Filemaker appeared to be much more straightforward when creating different forms.

Filemaker can also be used on both PC or Mac platforms. The good thing about Access is that you can import Excel tables and do multiple relationships. If you are creating this and you aren't a computer geek (sorry folks, I live with one) filemaker may be easier.

My 2 cents.

Shawn M. Weisser