From:
Exhibitions Department <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:46:28 -0500
Yeah, us too.  If the curators didn't inspect, it wouldn't get done; also,
we know what artwork is SUPPOSED to be like--some contemporary art is meant
to look broken, rickety, etc. and security personnel won't often recognize
when something is out of place or damaged.

We have 2 1/4 people in the exhibitions department and we switch off who
does the inspections, so it's not all on one person all the time.  It takes
30-45 minutes.

Julia Moore
Director of Exhibitions and Artist Services
Indianapolis Art Center