From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 13:00:41 -0600
Still if a professional organization sends out an offer for a job, they
should not drop
all applicants cold turkey and leave them hanging for months that turns into
never
receiving a response.  They should not be sending out request for a new
employee
if they cannot be considerate enough to do the job right, with respect for
all
those who applied and waiting for news on the job.

Like I said in my previous post, if you have two hundred applicants sitting
out there
waiting, while you have already hired someone,  I personally would like to
see those two hundred people receive a letter of thanks and that the job has
been filled.   Personally, I would
never apply again at that museum if they had another opening.   Simply, if a
museum advertises for a position to be filled, they need to carry forth
their professional or business ethics and reply to ALL who submitted an
application.

John

From: "Paula Lynch" <[log in to unmask]>
<snip> ....... Most recently when I ran an employment ad in The New York
Times, it
> received over two hundred responses.  So many responses, coupled with the
> responsibilities of a one person HR office, whose duties principally are
> Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Operations, is an
> overwhelming amount of work.  I confess I can only respond to resumes sent
> via E-mail.  Otherwise, I'd have to sleep over!
>
> Paula Lynch
).