From:
Loretta Lorance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:05:23 -0400
CFP: Food and Culture, MAPACA Conference, Fall 2008, Niagara Falls, Canada

Loretta Lorance, Area Chair
PO Box 461, Inwood Station
New York, NY 10034

Mid-Atlantic Popular/American Culture Association Annual Conference
Niagara Falls, Canada
Deadline July 10, 2008

Food and Culture explores the myriad factors that shape our
relationship with food. What we choose to eat (or not eat), how we
acquire it, whom we eat it with, and how we consume it is influenced
by technology, economics, politics, fashion, religion, and other
aspects of culture. MAPACA's Food and Culture sessions invite scholars
from all disciplines to address the intersections of food and the
human experience. Topics might include (but are not limited to) the
politics of food, culinary tourism, food and advertising, health and
diet, and restaurant culture.

Food and Culture is part of the Mid-Atlantic Popular/American Culture
Association
Annual Conference October 30 - November 2, 2008
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
Sheraton Fallsview Hotel & Conference Center
6755 Fallsview Boulevard. Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3W, CANADA

For conference Information: www.mapaca.net

Please send by e-mail a one-page abstract to the area chair at  <
[log in to unmask] > by July 10, 2008.  For further information,
please consult www.mapaca.net.

Apologies for cross postings.

Loretta Lorance
Proud Sponsor of Aiko & Saachi in 2008