From:
Catherine Flanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 13:01:35 -0600
When I worked at the University of Colorado, a team of students worked on
putting together the "Breathe Better Bus".  They were donated a bus that was
being retired from the local transportation district which they then gutted in
order to install exhibits.  More info can be found at:

http://www.breathebetter.org/bus.html

Catherine

Quoting Andréa Morrill <[log in to unmask]>:

 Good afternoon,

 I am developing a "Mobile Museum" for Southeast Missouri State
 University Museum.  The University's administration is interested in
 a large walk-through vehicle - such as a mobile home or truck with
 trailer - that will contain exhibits of some sort.  The Museum has
 archaeology, fine art, and history collections, so the exhibitions
 may vary.  At this stage, I am hoping to find out what other museums
 run or have run mobile programs like this in the past.  I would like
 to find out information about the type of vehicle used, the target
 audience, the planning of programs, etc.  I am aware of three such
 programs: the Arkansas Art Center's Artmobile, the Museum of New
 Mexico's Van of Enchantment, and the Connecticut Audubon Society's
 Rolling Nature Center.

 If you are aware of other mobile museum programs, please contact me
 and let me know.  I would like to get the name of the museum or
 interpretive center that runs it.  Or, if you work directly with such
 a program, I would appreciate any comments that you can offer on your
 experience.

 Thank you.

 --
 Sincerely,
 Andréa M. Morrill

 The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/
 . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a
 one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the
 message should read "help" (without the quotes).

 Museum-L" (without the quotes).