From:
Geri Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 12:25:46 -0400
Salaries always depend on a variety of things; for the graphic design
position you mention -- will you be overseeing a department (do you have
supervisory and management experience); will you be responsible for signage
for exhibitions, way-finding through the museum, catalogues, books,
collateral material for development, marketing, pr, etc.?; does your
experience include working with all levels of staff within the
organization -- from leadership, to curators, to administrative staff?; will
you be the major decision maker in that department/division of the museum?
We are currently recruiting for a "take-charge" supervisor of graphics for
an LA museum and the salary range is $80-90K, given the level of managerial
experience required.  In addition, there is a rigorous review of candidates'
portfolios and knowledge of many graphic applications.   Cheers!  Geri
Thomas, President, Thomas & Associates, Inc., www.artstaffing.com