From:
Sharon Koomler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 20:50:47 EDT
At Hancock Shaker Village we do not determine how many children make up a
family, nor do we determine the parentage.  Our policy for family admission
is simply to admit any two adults and the children who accompany them into
the museum.  We know that there are many times that single friends come
together with their children and make use of this opportunity, and they
probably live in separate households.  We don't check.  If this policy makes
it possible for them to come when perhaps they wouldn't be able to otherwise,
great!

Sharon Duane Koomler
Curator of Collections
Hancock Shaker Village