From:
William Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2018 21:34:31 +0000
Hello Milissa,

	I have a few different ones for different materials and purposes but the general one I use around reads, "When an item in an exhibit is touched acids, oils and other substances are left on the surface of the item; regardless of how clean your hands are. This will degrade the item, causing it to discolour and deteriorate over time." Below that and in bold, "Help us preserve the exhibits for future generations by not touching display items. Thank you." On one side I have a hand with a red X through it. When there are taxidermy specimens present I'll use, "Please do not touch the fur or feathers of our natural history specimens. They are very sensitive to the natural substances on the surface of your hands as well as the physical damage that can accidently be caused. The surfaces also contain

harmful toxins that are hazardous to your health." Followed with the same bold text as the other sign. On this one I have the same hand and X on one side and then the health hazard GHS symbol on the other.

	They are a bit wordy but work for us. I'd be interested in seeing what others have on their signs.

William Shepherd

Collections Officer

Swift Current Museum

44 Robert Street West