From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:37:45 +0800
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Dino mighty
Crews from the Wyoming Dinosaur Centre in Thermopolis, Wyoming, have done
extensive excavating to uncover bones from six different dinosaurs, the
largest being a Supersaurus which usually grew to 130 feet long, and the
smallest, a Theropod

**  Not Dinos But - Pterosaurs Didn't Fish While Flying
They concluded that pterosaurs weighing more than 1 kilogram might have
found skimming impossible, with their bills dragging almost like oars

**  Kansas City area palaeontologists to lead commercial fossil dig in
Montana
Hell Creek is a layer of rocks that stretches from the eastern half of
Montana into Wyoming and the Dakotas, where dinosaur bones date from the
late Cretaceous Period, roughly 65 million years ago

**  A four-day hike through prehistory on the Dinotour
Dinotour is a fundraiser for Calgary's Dinosaur Research Institute, which
sponsors just over $50,000 in paleontology studies and expeditions
annually - about 10 per cent of which goes to projects headed by Currie and
his wife, palaeobotanist Eva Koppelhus. A passion for dinosaurs, and each
other

**  Dinosaurs Started Having S#x Young
Knowing when dinosaurs were capable of s#x could shed light on which of the
morphological features seen in fossils might be used in courtship displays
and other behaviours
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  New dinosaur bone beds unearthed
While many of the province's top dinosaur hunters excavate the area around
Drumheller, a college professor, an Italian graduate student and an
investment banker spend their free time combing the grounds of Grande
Prairie some 800 kilometres away

**  Dinosaurs, Ancestors Coexisted
Researchers report in the journal Science they have evidence from northern
New Mexico that dinosaurs and their precursor species coexisted for tens of
millions of years

**  Jurassic park down under
This is the heart of Australia's richest dinosaur and marine reptile fossil
country, and the 550km Dinosaur Trail showcases the greatest discoveries of
its ancient past

**  PBS program features dinosaur research
An upcoming episode of PBS television's "NOVA scienceNOW" will feature
groundbreaking home-grown research that was conducted by Montana researchers
on a Montana dinosaur

**  China's fossil hunter - a rock star of palaeontology
At a recent unveiling of perhaps his most spectacular discovery - a
chicken-like creature as big as a Tyrannosaurus - camera crews clamoured to
picture him next to the huge bones he had stumbled upon in the rich fossil
reserves of the northern Inner Mongolia region

**  Giant dinosaur stars in rescued Berlin museum
The world's biggest dinosaur skeleton returned to the city's natural history
museum to mark the first stage of a Euro128m renovation project for the
war-damaged building

**  Sharks, dinos were both predators as well as each other's prey
Sharks and dinosaurs in prehistoric Europe served as prey for each other,
according to a new review of vertebrate fossils found in the Galve region of
Northeast Spain

**  China dinosaur exhibit revives prehistoric beasts
Besides looking out for the 10.5 meters (34 ft) tall, plant-eating
Omeisaurus, organizers advise dinosaur buffs to examine the rare head fossil
of the carnivorous Yangchuanosaurus, considered a national treasure

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 88 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:
I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History