From:
"H. Newport" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 00:59:47 EDT
I've been using Macs for a good 10 years.  Even my LCIII from 10 years ago
works better that the piece of crap Dell PC I'm forced to use at work.  Talk
about conflicts with applications.  My PC at work, which was purchased new
less than a year ago, has some sort of conflict daily.

Don't let one person's bad experience with a possibly defective machine sway
your opinion.  Many responses have praised Macs, as they should.  I agree
with the post that said OS 8.6 has some problems.  Part of that has to do
with the fact that original iMacs started out with such a small amount of
memory.  Upgrading the memory will make a world of difference.  The newer
iMacs and iBooks come with a great deal more memory and OS X.  The increased
memory alone should be more than enough to run scanners, cd burners, advanced
software, etc.  Mac has also come out with a version of Windows (i.e. Word,
Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.) that can translate between PC and Mac files.  I
believe it runs about $500.00, but is well worth looking into.

Trust me, there isn't anything a PC does better than a Mac.

As I told a close friend when she considered switching from Mac to
PC..."Friends do that friends buy PCs."  It's the truth...business or
pleasure, nothing beats a Mac.