From:
Pamela Feltus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:40:58 -0500
Thanks David!
This is a big issue that is rarely addressed, and perhaps we are afraid to,
why these inexperienced non-professionals are being tapped to run museums.
There have been a lot of retirements and deaths among the leadership
generation in recent years. But why isn't the next wave stepping up to
replace them? Is it a lack of training? Fear of the rabid public? How do we
nurture and grow our own leaders who have that experience to run a museum?
What is the museum world not doing? Is there anything from the corporate
world we can steal, besides their leaders? They obviously know how to do it-
how do we?

Pamela