From:
JHANDLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 15:41:00 -0800
     Well, and how about this: What if the artist friend in the original
     question was Andy Warhol (alright, he's dead) or is Jeff Koons?

     John Handley

Subject: Re: Should there be ethics in art?
Author:  [log in to unmask] (D. Neil Bremer) at INTERNET
Date:    7/21/98 7:06 PM

This is an interesting question.  It almost presupposes that great art
is somehow greater than life.  This isn't a question about ethics in
art.  It is a question about ethics in life.  It is about whether or not
you can morally allow yourself to be a party to fraud, lies, and
deception.

These questions are elements of how we conduct our most personal selves
in a larger society.  Art is merely window dressing in this case. It
seems, in the face of ethics, equally important for me to ask if you
would stand by and watch your friend receive too much change and not
tell the cashier.

Whoaa....fell off my high horse there....

--
D. Neil Bremer
Bremer Communications

American Academy of Ophthalmology