From:
Andrea Mugnier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 14:47:56 -0500
To: Museum Listserve
From: Andrea Mugnier, John F. Kennedy University, Museum Studies Program
Re: Filmmaking in the Museum

Hello! I am a graduate student researching collections care when filmmakers
want to use museums/historic houses as locations for my Master's Project.
Alas, I didn't get to see the Bob Vila Incident, but I think it underscored
the need for information on the subject of film production in museums and
historic sites. I would appreciate any information you may have concerning
the following topics:
1. Museum/historic house/historic site film policies
2. Conservation information concerning the use of chemicals during filmmaking
(stage blood, fogging solutions, etc.)
3. Protection of facilities during filming
4. Studio lighting
5. Protection of botanical collections or landscaping during filming

I'm hoping that somewhere out there there are people who have some knowledge
of this subject, since I've only found a few published articles directly
dealing with filmmaking in the museum or historic house. I think this kind of
information is needed because museums don't always know what to expect when
they agree to let filmmakers in. So if you know anything about these
subjects, please let me hear from you.

Andrea Mugnier
A [log in to unmask]