From:
Susan Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 09:09:29 -0700
PROJECT MANAGER!!!

>>> Jane Burrell <[log in to unmask]> 11/13/98 08:12AM >>>
If you had to choose between a designer, or a project manager for the re-
design and re-display of a small local history museum, which would you favour?
The following details may help:
*  £50,000 (max) budget - to cover fees, building works, fixtures/fittings,
graphics, etc
*  local authority museum - ie access to planning, building and related
departments
*  due to re-open in April 2000 - ie a little under 18 months
*  Museums Officer (myself) has prepared layouts, storylines, etc.
I should be grateful for advice and suggestions.  In the main, I really want
to know whether a project manager is more versatile than a designer.  For the
same fee would we be getting a better deal with a project manager?

I know!  These things are dependent upon the skills, exerience and contacts of
each person.  However, we are poised to recruit ... and it would be helpful
for me to know upon which 'type' I should concentrate.

With thanks.

Jane Burrell
Museums Officer
West Dorset District Council