Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 1997 16:04:08 +-100
Dear Yasui:

In Madrid (Spain), the railway museum (from Renfe - the national company) is in an old, huge railway station (Delicias); in Portugal, most of the buildings of the railway museums' net (from CP - our national company) are old stations or deposits.

Hope this helps.

Antonio Eduardo Mendonca
(Universidade do Algarve)

>FROM:Yasui R.
>Dear Friends,
>Currently I am preparing an article on museums which are located in railway st
>ations. I would be most thankful if somebody could kindly suggest me names and
> locations of museums and galleries which are operating in the premises of rai
>lway stations.
>The followings are the ones which I have come across already.
>
>Tokyo Station Gallery/ Tokyo Station, Japan/ non collecting art gallery/ estab
>lished and run by Japan Railways (once a state run monopoly)/ 1991 open.
>Kindermuseum/ Munich Central Station, Germany/ children's museum/ NPO/ adminis
>tration offices are outside of the station but they have exhibition facilities
> in the Munich Bahnhof (=station)/ open 1993.
>Miami Children's Museum/ Metrorail Station, Miami USA/ NPO/ start-up: 1999/ cu
>rrently located as a temporary facility in a shopping mall/ current name: Miam
>i Youth Museum.
>I know the Museum Center in Cinicinatti, USA is located in a huge terminal sta
>tion which is no more a station.
>It would be nice to share information about this subject with others on the Mu
>seum-L. So please forward your generous suggestions on the line, thank you.
>
>Yours very truly,
>
>Ryo
>YASUI R.
>Lecturer (Tamagawa University)