From:
"Friedman, Lauren" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:46:37 -0500
Hello Listers!

I am searching for authentic turn of the century Geissler Tubes.  These
intricate glass gas-filled tubes were made in the early 1900s, as a
scientific curiosity for use with the induction spark coils which were
popular at the time. Tubes were generally 5-6" long. Larger and more
intricate tubes were made, in sizes up to 18", with the glass tube formed
into all sorts of twists, bows and spiral shapes.  I have found many places
that sell reproductions, be I'm looking for the real thing.  Does anybody
know of any place that might sell them, like antique/scientific instrument
shops?  I was told that some auction houses might sell them, but I haven't
found any yet.
Thank you!

Lauren Friedman
Carnegie Museum of Art