From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:20:40 -0800
It is extremely long overdue--and with apologies to
all who have sent links in the last year and a half
I've not gotten a chance to include (especially my
good Efriend Geri Thomas)--but I have FINALLY revamped
and updated my employment web site, something that was
a staple on this list for some time as new members
joined eager to find jobs.

Here's what's changed:

First, the type is larger in most instances.  Funny
what happens when you become presbyopic (which has
nothing to do with religion, but you suddenly
religiously look for your glasses everytime you go to
read something).

The background color has changed.  It's no longer
artistic, hard to read, what-was-I-thinking? green.
It's two-toned so that you can more readily find the
agencies and then their links.

Dead links have been dumped.  I've checked every
single one to make sure they were still viable, and,
when they were not, they were replaced.

Where links have changed (happens all the time in the
graphics world), they've also been replaced, hopefully
ensuring it will make it easier the next go round.

All of the sections have been enhanced.

The HEADHUNTER section has several additions.

The RESUME section is twice as large.

The PROFESSIONAL JOBS section has increased by a
third, and there are more jobs of greater variety,
including many high tech, medical, and jobs working
for the federal government.

The COMPREHENSIVE section is darn near doubled.  Lots
of additions, and there are many jobs that are
geographic specific.  If you want to work in Britain,
there are several sites there.  There are a number for
various locations in the US.  There are jobs for those
who want to work in the TV industry; jobs for those
who want to live in the Mountains; and even jobs for
those who want to work in the SoCal Food industry.
There are also internships available.

The NONPROFIT/MUSEUM section has had a number of
increases, mostly by nomination.  Be sure to check out
Geri Thomas' Art Staffing.  They've put a lot of work
into that page, and she has regular openings you won't
want to miss if you want to work in NY.

The TEMPORARY jobs section has increased 400%.  There
are temp jobs in Alaska, NY, for Nurses, in LA, for
Wall Street, and more.

Finally, the TOPICS section is the most meaty.  There
is a huge chunk of employment law, and face it folks,
that's how far too many folks abrogate their rights by
not knowing the law.  There are salary and retirement
calculators, tips for interviews and pricing job
offers, relocation tools, and tax tips.  There are
tools for telecommuting and self-employment.  There
are tools for the disabled.

Whatever you need, I hope you find it there.  It may
be a while before I can update again--this is strictly
a pro bono on my part, and I get caught up in so many
other facets of life--but feel free to send me links
for later inclusion.  Just be patient.  I haven't much
and it takes me a while to get back to coding.

Hope this is of help to you.

=====
Indigo Nights