Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:48:52 -0600
We use the Nilfisk HEPA vacuum with variable speed as well.  It does an excellent job of gathering dust, etc. from both pieces and storage, and the filter means that the dust isn't being blown back out into the collections area.

Indian Arts Research Center, School of American Research
Santa Fe, NM

>>> Susanna Weaver <[log in to unmask]> 04/19/01 07:53AM >>>
Dear John,
Nilfisk makes several great vacuums that keep particulate matter from going airborne. Nilfisk vacuums utilize advanced HEPA filtration that traps 99.9% of all dust. We use the variable speed Nilfisk w/HEPA filter in our Special Collections, and it has been a wonderful tool. Many conservators recommend this vacuum for use in museum/library collections. For more info, please see the Nilfisk site: http://www.pa.nilfisk-advance.com/VacuumCleaners/default_specialty.htm
I hope this information is helpful.

Susanna Weaver
Special Collections Librarian
Medical College of Georgia