From:
Alice S Wessen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:19:57 -0700
Subject: Earth Science Museum Survey online

JPL Earth Science Outreach and the Denver Museum of Natural History have
developed an online survey for informal educators (museums, zoos, aquaria,
planetaria, etc.) to understand how we can better collaborate to develop
new and worthwhile informal education programs.  The survey is located at

http://talkto.jpl.nasa.gov

NASA may be best known for its astronauts and its exploration of the solar
system, but did you know that NASA puts significant effort into exploring
our own planet Earth?  NASA Earth Science is seeking ways that the informal
education community and NASA may collaborate to increase public
understanding of our planet and how it is changing. As a first step in
NASA's development of informal education programs, NASA Jet Propulsion
Laboratory (JPL) and the Denver Museum of Natural History (DMNH), along
with several other museums and science     centers, have developed a number
of concepts and are releasing these concepts for your comment.  We want to
gather your opinions and suggestions about how a partnership of NASA Earth
Science and informal educators could best benefit your institution, the
informal education community, and the general public.

Please let your colleagues at other informal education institutions know
about this site (http://talkto.jpl.nasa.gov) so that we may gather a broad
understanding of the interests of this community.  We would like to hear
from all types of institutions: museums, science centers, youth museums,
aquaria, planetaria, zoos, etc. Your comments and priorities will help NASA
Earth Science programs and the informal education community develop
collaborative strategies that will benefit both.

Alice S. Wessen
Outreach Lead-Technology and Applications Program (TAP)
Mail Stop 180-603A
Jet Propulsion Laboratory/California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
 Pasadena  CA  91109-8099
818-354-4930
818-393-4093 fax
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Arthur C. Clarke
 Technology and the Future: "The only way to discover the limits of the
possible is to go beyond them into the impossible."
Richard Feynman:
"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here
and there."
****

Museum-L" (without the quotes).