From:
Dean Krimmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:15:55 -0500
If I were in your shoes, I'd simply describe the current job conditions, as
you did for us, illustrate what you learned, and play up your eagerness for
more focus and depth. Don't bother mentioning the museum being underfunded,
etc. It should be obvious to your interviewer. If your prospective employer
doesn't promise you better conditions than the ones you've lived through,
you'll have to ask yourself if you want to work there. Sounds like the
leadership of your current museum is failing you, your colleagues, and the
public. Not the other way around. Good luck!

Dean Krimmel, Creative Museum Services
Affiliated with Qm2: Quality Management to a Higher Power
Improving Museums, Historic Sites, Cultural Organizations and Businesses
423 Range Road   Baltimore, Maryland 21204
410-746-8350; [log in to unmask]; www.qm2.org
Check out my recent project: Go to www.pnclegacyproject.com and click on
Oral Histories