From:
Vivian Lea Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:48:38 -0500
Thanks, Lee!  As the Curator who moved the institution away from using
mostly originals with some repros to mostly repos with some originals, I
appreciate the vote of confidence.  It was a difficult task to convince
staff and board why it was necessary, but with careful and persistent
education, they began to embrace the shift in philosophy.  Then came the
task of writing an effective collection policy that addressed the use of
reproductions.  It is difficult work to ferret out good reproductions,
but it can be done.

Thanks again for the vote of confidence!
VivianLea Stevens
former Curator of Collections and Exhibitions,
Museum of American Frontier Culture,
Staunton, VA