Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 00:22:46 GMT
At the Museum of Valor we acquire photograph albums and loose photo
sets belonging to veterans.  We consider maintaining the integrity of
a grouping of paramount importance.  We store photographs in archival
quality sleeves in binders.  Each grouping gets its own binder or an
index section in a small groupings binder.  We seldem display original
photos in exhibits.  Depending on the effect we wish to create, we
will make a copy (color copier works great to retain patina) and mount
on foamcore or have the photo duplicated.  This assists with the
handling problem.  We have looked at displaying original albums in the
past but find the audience views it as a single object and ignores the
content.

Wayne Hart
Director
Museum of Valor