From:
Jerzee Girl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:51:42 -0000
Hi Adam, I work for an auction company that deals in collectibles, and
especially comic books.  Without actually looking at your comics, I of
course can't tell if any are rare or valuable. You should keep in mind,
however, that when a comic book has any restoration, including erasures,
repainting, color touch, addition of paper, glue, etc., the value of the
book drops and they become less desirable to collectors.  Interestingly,
markings on comic books aren't always a bad thing. Some markings indicate
that a comic comes from a "pedigreed" collection.  For example, there is a
pedigree of comic book called Cosmic Aeroplane.  The books from this
pedigree were used by an art teacher in her classes. These books have
checkmarks on each page. Some people try to remove the checkmarks but that
is a real "no-no" because it's part of the history of the book and
identifies it as coming from that particular collection.  Although you are
not interested in the comics' value at this point in time, you might be in
the future.  So unless you really, really don't care, I suggest you try to
look beyond the extraneous markings and try to enjoy them in their present
state.  Hope this helps.  Mary