From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:11:48 -0700
Seeing Roy-Boy step up to the plate and take on the
subject reminds me of the bonobos.  As I looked for a
relevant link(s), I came across this info having to do
with our genetic predispositions as it relates to our
familial line (primates).

Why is it that bonobos can live in peace, but chimps
can't, and the larger primate, man, is hopelessly in
love with the concept of wars and aggression?  Could
it be a biological predisposition?  Certainly
something to consider:

See for more info

It would seem we may have a genetic predisposition to
aggression.

Me, I'd rather be a bonobo and not have to deal with
all the tumult!

--- Roy Hemmat <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Just a quick addition to the discussion:
>
> "Sun Tzu on the Art of War" .. as relevant and
> influential today as it was 2500
> years ago .. (personally, I've found the Taoist
> influence of this treatise
> fascinating .. central to which is that "war" cannot
> be "won" without a "moral"
> justification .. morality being framed within a
> Bhuddist/Taoist/Eastern philosophy
> that the individual progresses through "right"
> thought and "right" action .. the
> fate of civilization hinging on the collective
> influence of these individual
> progressions.
>
> Anyway ;) .. here's a handy online text of "The Art
> of War"
>
> http://www.kimsoft.com/polwar.htm

=====
Indigo Nights