From:
John Nolan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:03:20 -0500
Charity,

We just had a display case custom made for our upcoming exhibit on
portraits where we were needing to magnify coins. The sliding mechanism
(moving left to right. up and down) is made of stainless steel rods with
a wooden housing for the magnifier. We got the idea from a similar
display at the Mint Museum in Charlotte that displays coins. You may
want to ask the curator at the Mint about their case as well.

Regards,

John

John Nolan
Curator

Museum & Gallery at Bob Jones University
1700 Wade Hampton Blvd.
Greenville, SC 29614
T: 864.770.1331
F: 864.770.1306
http://www.bjumg.org

Opinions expressed are my own.

>>> [log in to unmask] 2/24/2006 9:01 AM >>>
Micki,

We actually were hoping to find something that visitors could
manipulate
in front of the artifact case. That's why we were thinking of the
sliding magnifier. It is a possibility to use something that is
permanently placed within the case. Thanks for the info!

Best,

Charity

Charity Counts

Int'l Traveling Exhibits Manager