From:
"Wesley S. Creel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:38:03 -0500
Good Morning Joshua,
Please don't bury it...... just seal it, identify it with instructions
as to when the capsule is to be opened..........and put the time capsule
on a shelf in your museum's storage area.  That way, 100 years from now,
folks will know where it is..... and the contents will not be destroyed
by water infiltration, etc.......
This museum buried a time capsule on the museum's grounds as part of the
dedication of the construction of a new wing over a couple of decades
ago.  Back then, everyone knew exactly where it was buried......now,
everyone has either forgotten about it, can't remember "exactly" where
it is buried.....or isn't even aware of it.
Best Wishes,
Wesley
Wesley S. Creel
Administrator of Programs
Pink Palace Family of Museums
3050 Central Avenue
Memphis, TN 38111
www.memphismuseums.org
Office 901.320.6370
FAX 901.320.6391
Please consider including the Pink Palace Family of Museums in your
charitable giving plans along with your other charitable interests.
Please visit all our great facilities as well as our website:
www.memphismuseums.org
Our mission: The Pink Palace Family of Museums inspires people to learn
how history.science, technology and nature shape the mid-South. Through
rich collections, thought-provoking exhibitions, and engaging programs,
we encourage our diverse community to reflect on the past, understand
the present, and influence the future