Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 1994 10:16:32 -0500
Attention List Members,

I would appreciate feedback on an issue that has been on my mind lately.
It pertains to the present perceptions, opinions, and points of view that
people take of non-profit agencies or not-for-profit agencies.  I am looking
for very general ideas in this request, however, you may back up comments with
personal experience.

Here are some questions that you might want to respond to....

1.  What is your personal perspective on the issue of non-profit benefits,
advantages, and/or favors which exceed those of the private sector?

2.  Do you think non-profits are being regulated more by the government?  How?

3.  Do you think they should be regulated more by the government?  Why?

4.  Do you see any advantages in furthered governmental regulation of the
non-profit field?  Why?

5.  Do you find the definition of 'non-profit' ambiguous?  In what instances?

6.  Do you believe that the public 'non-profit' institution has been affected
by the increase of private institutions interacting in both 'profit' and
'non-profit' fields?  How?

7.  Do you think that the private 'for-profit' institution has been affected by
the increase of private institutions who interact in both the public and the
private sector?  How?

I sincerely thank those individuals who respond to these questions. I do
appreciate your answers.  Please use proper netiquette when responding.
You need not reply to all the questions.

Joel Van Haaften
Collections Management Assistant
University of Northern Iowa Museum
Cedar Falls, IA 50613