From:
"Martin, Loretta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 12:56:59 -0700
Dear List,
        Several years ago we did a dinosaur track exhibit. Using a
fiberglass mold, we made a footprint using cans of spray foam insulation.
We then used spackling compound to give the texture of rock and used  dry
pigment paint added to the spackle to get the color of the rock. The track
is cracking  and has been patched several times.  I am debating how to fix
it.
        Has anyone made dinosaur tracks? What did you use?  Did you have any
problems? How did you fix them?  This is a hands-on display so sometimes
gets lot of not so gentle touching.
        Thanks for any suggestions.
Loretta Martin
Louden-Henritze Archaeology Museum