From:
Lisa Friedlander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:07:11 -0600
19th Century Woman Mannequins by Wacoal. Very specific use, the bodies and
parts are designed for period fashions.

Wacoal
7, shichi-jo goshonouchi nakamachi shimogyo-ku kyoto, 600 JAPAN
phone (075) 321-8011 / 321-9221
fax (075) 321-9219

It helps to have someone who speaks Japanese call them.

Thanks to Kentucky Historical Society, they used these and that's how we
learned about them.

Lisa Friedlander
Split Rock Studios

>We are looking into purchasing some new mannequins for display of
>historic textiles.  In my research so far, I have come across forms sold
>
>by Dorfman's and Goldsmith.  Does anyone have any other vendors to
>recommend, problems, precautions, etc.?  We want to purchase both male
>and female forms.
>
>I'm also curious to know if your museum uses a 'headless' mannequin, or
>if not, does your mannequin wear a styled wig, a paper hairstyle, or
>go bare headed?  Are your forms a flesh tone, white, gray or another
>color?
>
>Thanks for your input.
>
>Maggie
>
>--
>
>Maggie Marconi
>Archives/Museum Services Manager
>Sandusky Library Follett House Museum
>114 W. Adams St.
>Sandusky, OH  44870
>419-625-3834
>419-625-4574 (fax)

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should
>read "help" (without the quotes).

>[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read
>"Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Lisa Friedlander