From:
robin cushnie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:43:06 -0500
The Dartmouth Museum (Nova Scotia)some years back did an exhibit entitled
"Dartmouth's Memorable Women" where a call was put out to the community for
nominations.  I believe schools were able to include the project in their
curriculum as a research/history activity.  The top 100 responses were
chosen and profiled in the exhibit.  As the community at large selected the
women, there were no hard feelings towards the museum.

>From: Cindy Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Criteria for exhibit inclusion
>Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:13:41 -0600
>
>We are in the planning stages for the new Museum of Mississippi History and
>we are looking for criteria used when doing an exhibit on "celebrities"
>from the state.  We plan to have an exhibit on "Arts and Entertainment"
>that will tell about some of Mississippi's authors, artists, and actors and
>a "Music Emporium" where Mississippi's contributions to music will be
>discussed.
>
>We are concerned about who to include in these exhibits--do we include
>every published author from Mississippi or only those that have reached a
>certain level in their career?  Do you have a similar exhibit?  If so,
>what, if any, criteria was set to determine inclusion in the exhibit?
>Also, who is included in the exhibit--actors, athletes, artists, authors,
>musicians, et.?
>
>Thank you in advance for your time.
>
>--
>Cindy Gardner, Field Services Curator
>Museum of Mississippi History
>Mississippi Department of Archives and History
>P.O. Box 571
>Jackson, MS 39205-0571
>Telephone: 601/576-6901
>Facsimile: 601/576-6981
>Email: [log in to unmask]

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should
>read "help" (without the quotes).

>[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff
>Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Don’t waste time standing in line—try shopping online. Visit Sympatico / MSN
Shopping today! http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca