From:
Laura McMann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 17:06:21 -0400
The American Association of Museums (AAM) produces the OFFICIAL MUSEUM
DIRECTORY, which is the most comprehensive reference on U.S. museums that
I know of.  For every entry, the mailing addresses and telephone numbers
are listed, as well as personnel, collections, major exhibits,
publications, etc.  It's a bit costly though ($150+), but worth trying to
find in a reference section somewhere.  Contact AAM, 1225 Eye St. NW,
Suite 200, Washington D.C. 20005, phone: (202) 289-9127 for more info.

Laura McMann
Museum Studies Program
The George Washington Univ.