From:
Cindy Van Volsem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 10:08:41 -0800
> Subject: Collections mgmt. software
> Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 12:10:00 -0600
> From: "Lisa A. Goodgame"

I am currently downloading an artifact collections database to Inmagic -
a very friendly text-based (that is, it indexes on any word in your text
fields, like description fields: if you used the word "chartreus"
anywhere in the record for an item, it will find that item). I'm giving
up my collection management program because it is too inflexible and too
expensive to upgrade through the tiny company that designed it.

Inmagic is usually used in archives and libraries, but I'm finding it's
the perfect solution for my museum artifact collection. Their URL
is: http://www.inmagic.com/

If you have questions, contact me.
Cindy Van Volsem
Collections Coordinator