From:
Jeff Bowen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 12:12:29 -0400
Our new director has a similar vision of creating a feeling of "home"
within our Whaling Museum.  To help facilitate this idea, tonight we're
having our fist ever "Jammy Gam."

Our first overnighter for children will include a concert with seafaring
readings, a scavenger hunt, and a "whale sighting," where will introduce
our new mascot, Clara the Whale (some of you might find this of
interest, because I believe about a month ago someone posted a question
about mascots in museums).  Indeed, it seems there is a big push for
learning by experience.

Unfortunately for me, to contribute to this experience, I volunteered to
work the graveyard "night watch" shift. :)

-Jeff

Jeffrey S. Bowen
Assistant Membership Coordinator
Nantucket Historical Association