From:
Patricia Brunetto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:52:18 -0400
The security officers at my museum work for me, and I work under the
direction of the assistant director of public programs. My title is
operations coordinator but I work separately from the operations manager at
the museum. Before my arrival, the security officers worked under the
operations department and had little to do with the public programs
department.  The change was made because museum management felt that since
the security staff was very visible in the museum, the should be managed by
the same department that oversees all the other very visible staff such as
our museum educators,  event staff, and discovery room staff. Therefore we
are making the shift away from having strictly a security staff to being
more along the lines of  a visitor services staff.
I hope this is helpful.
Patricia Brunetto
Operations Coordinator
Yale Peabody Museum