From:
Frank Grean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:58:35 -0500
Currently I am serving as director for a small local history museum.  I have been asked to join the board of directors for an historical society in a nearby city.  The society's director assures me that this is not a conflict of interest but more of a cooperative effort for historical events and activities in the area.

I have served on the board for an historical society when I lived in another state (a larger city than this), and there was no problem, and I still do not see a problem, however the board for the small museum where I work is very jealous of my time and will have many reasons to deny this.

BTW, the board I would be joining does not meeet during my work hours.

I'm sure I've left out some pertinent particulars, and would be glad to answer further questions, but mostly I'm interested in others' thoughts on the subject.

Many thanks,

Frank