From:
Julianne Snider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 2015 12:54:50 -0400
We are installing a large (approx. 10' x 15'), historic, plaster, newly
conserved, 3-d topographic map in one of our galleries. I am looking for
a proximity motion detector that uses a curtain protection pattern and
emits an audible alarm to help deter folk with long arms and inquisitive
fingers from touching the surface of the map.

We will not be able to link this proximity alarm into the building's
alarm system so it must be a free standing unit.

I am interested in recommendations of systems or units that have worked
well with wall mounted objects in other museum galleries.

Thanks,
Julianne

--
Julianne Snider