From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 09:36:44 -0400
I'd contact Dr. Kathryn Brown or one of her staff at the Museum of American
Frontier Culture, Staunton Va. (540) 332-7850 -- Box 810, Staunton, 24401.
  Sawmill operator/log home restorer Menno Kinsinger <?> in nearby Stuarts
Draft supplies riven shingles etc. and may be able to do this work for you.

Ross Weeks
Tazewell VA

----------
> From: MOH Library <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Hickory/Oak Splint Sources-Help
> Date: Friday, May 02, 1997 3:57 PM
>
> Dear Fellow Cyberfolk,
> I have several chair seats to conserve and require a source for riven
> hickory and oak splints in coils/strips 1/4 ,1/2 and 3/4 '' wide.
> Most commercial companies I have contacted say the only way some get it
is
> when some folk come out of the woods and are looking for a little cash
> ,thats when it becomes available through known sources. I can't wait nor
can
> my exhibit. Any solid leads would be "much preciated"  as they say here
in
> the South!
> This is a toughie so I have posted it to the entire list. When the
answers
> flow be sure to store this one in your data bases. We all can't be like
Roy