From:
Peter Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 12:25:44 GMT
Chartier Michel wrote:

> Dear folks:
>
>         I do not know if this is the appropriate place to post my
> query, but I'll give it a try anyway.
>         In a 1977 biography of a certain paleontologist, mention
> is made that he donated fossil material to the Victoria Memorial
> Museum in Vancouver, British Columbia. I thus assume that this is
> some kind of natural history museum. I have consulted the CHIN
> webpages and have not found anything on this museum. I would like
> to know if it still exists and, if so, under what name is it now
> known? Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated.
>
> Michel Chartier
> Departement d'anthropologie
> Universite de Montreal

The Victoria Memorial Museum is the name of a building in downtown Ottawa
 (not Vancouver) that houses the public galleries of the Canadian Museum
of Nature.  The CMN was formerly known as the National Museum of Natural
Sciences, one of the National Museums of Canada.

Peter Frank
Chief Registrar
Canadian Museum of Nature