From:
Audra Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 03:31:36 -0800
Thanks Steve, for your input.

Sorry I wasn't clearer in my original message. I am a city employee and the
city owns and operates museum.  Any policy will be developed through
collection committee, approved by board and adopted by city council.  These
are the channels and paths that work here.  The alternative educational path
simply results in me being regarded as an impossible bitch interfering with
other powers' ideas.  What we seek are examples of other places policy
wording restricting and formalizing the paths for restraining what is placed
on the building and alterations to the buildings structure, appearance or
character.  Once this has gone through the channels (so far if the advisory
board asks for it, the city council approves it) we will have the ability to
say sorry can't do that.

Audra