From:
Heather Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:56:16 -0800
---Halle Treanor  wrote:

> I'm curious - what do you use this for?  I worked as a chemist in a
> drug delivery company and we used this material - in semipermeable
> membranes and as a binder.
>
> - Halle

I've had some experience of using this as an adhesive  in object
conservation - I believe it's widely used in paper conservation.
I found it had good handling properties and was easy to use, although
there have been doubts cast as to its long term stability. Methyl
cellulose and carboxymethyl cellulose both have better aging
properties. There is a book dedicated to discussing the properties of
the cellulose based polymers used in conservation - I think it's
printed by the Getty Institute. I found it very useful.

Hope this helps!