From:
Matt Leininger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:10:44 -0500
We have this title.  It's in my office!

Matthew C. Leininger
Registrar; Administrative Head
Curatorial Department
Oklahoma City Museum of Art
415 Couch Drive
Oklahoma City, OK  73102
405/236-3100
-----Original Message-----
From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Eugene Dillenburg
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 9:23 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Poor Exhibit Label Text

Yes, Beverly Serrell's book, "Exhibit Labels: An Interpretive Approach"
(Alta Mira Press, 1996; available through AAM and ASTC websites) is a must,
and contains numerous examples of good and bad labels.

Also, I maintain a website for my students at Michigan State University.

http://www.msu.edu/~dillenbu/

Scroll down to "Photos of Exhibits" and you'll find a collection of photos
organized along various themes.  Two of the themes are "Good Labels" and
"Bad Labels."  For the negative examples, I found it helpful for my
students, rather than simply critize, to explain how they could be improved.

Eugene Dillenburg
Exhibit Developer, Science Museum of Minnesota
Research Associate, Michigan State University
Grammar Police, Descriptivist Division
Cubs Fan, Long-Suffering

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
(without the quotes).