From:
Lucy Sperlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 12:22:42 -0700
Geri,

Please share the results.  ...these areas have been divided for too long
in most museums. Exhibits are a means of education, as are programs, and
we talk about an 'exhibition program'.  Artifacts are used for education
/ interpretation, primarily via exhibits, but sometimes in other ways as
well.

Yet using the word education in the title seems limiting because of the
present connotation of the word (if it were, for instance, "Department
of Curation and Education" it would be taken by many to not include
exhibits).

.... how about something like "Office (or Dept.) of Curation and Public
Programs"  or "Office of Curation and Interpretation"  ?

Lucy Sperlin
Heritage Management

 We're trying to look at several structural